Safe Communities Rainy River District strives to engage the participation of safety conscious individuals in the development and implementation of injury prevention programs for target groups of all ages, which will raise the awareness and reduce the incidents of injuries within the Rainy River District.
The goal of Safe Communities Rainy River District (formally Rainy River Valley Safety Coalition) is:
To develop effective injury prevention and promotional programs through an individual and community based level within the Rainy River District.
The goal of the funding program is:
To increase our partnerships within our District, and encourage our new partners to be innovative and creative as they strive to make our district the safest place to live, learn, work and play.
Funding considerations will emphasize our identified priorities:
- Transportation (motorized vehicles)
- Substance Abuse
Other consideration may be given to:
- Unintentional Injuries
Applications will be considered August 1 – July 31 each year until funding allotments are exhausted.
- Meet at least one of our priorities
- Fall within the goals of the Safe Communities Rainy River District
- Identify specific target groups
- Not exceed a request for more than $1000.00
The project should also:
- Involve volunteers
- Be original and innovative
- Involve partners who bring other resources
- Benefit communities within the district
- Have a financial budget
For the 2009-2010 year we have $3508.13 avalable for funding programs. For further information contact the Administrative Coordinator
Grace Silander – ph: (807) 274-2643 or email at email@example.com
Application information must be completed in full. Please ensure the information is accurate, clear and concise.
Safe Communities across Canada are encouraged to share programs and activities that make their communities safer.
The information you provide in the following report will help other communities in the implementation of those programs and activities.
We thank you for your time and effort in the completion of your report and in helping to make our community a safer place to live, learn, work and play.
We request you use the below format to report on how your project:
- Met at least one of our priorities
- Fell within the goals of the Safe Communities Rainy River District
- Identified specific target groups
- Remained within your allotted budget
- Involved volunteers
- Was original and innovative
- Involved partners who brought other resources
- Benefited communities within the district